The Customer and International Business Development Division (C&I) is responsible for providing quality wagering experience to local and overseas customers of The Hong Kong Jockey Club. It operates 88 Race Meetings a year, 37 Simulcasts days, a thrice-weekly Mark 6 Draw, 7X24 Digital Channels, 7X24 Football Betting Services on over 11,000 different leagues per year. The ultimate aim is to provide an impressive total customer experience leading to sustainable turnover growth in a responsible manner.
With around 100 off-course betting branches and 2 racecourses, Retail and Telebet Services Department is committed to provide quality and efficient service to our customers throughout Hong Kong.
- Assist Branch Manager in day-to-day business activities of the branch/ new format experience Branches, and deputize RM and peers as required.
- Conduct branch supervision, administration works and staff deployment to deliver high quality customer service for reaching customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Knows your customers, response by positively engage with customers and retain the relationship in their wagering experience based on the demographics of the district and customer needs. Represent as Area Ambassador to build up positive community relationship with local stakeholders.
- Execute business initiatives & cascaded business plans to drive performances vs KPI, and renders support, guidance and coaching to junior staff members on OCBBs transformation strategy.
- Control operating expenses to effectively utilize available resources to maximize operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with BMT & leads a team of junior members to enhance teamwork, promote open communication and escalate junior staff issues and conflicts when required.
- Groom & develop the right competence of staff to deliver the customer experiences in both transactional and new format style OCBBs
- Ensure compliance with Responsible Gambling Policy and all stipulated legal requirements pertaining to wagering, thereby protecting the integrity of the Club’s businesses.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by Branch Manager.
You should have:
- Diploma or above in any disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Retail or Service industry
- Strong leadership skills & attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in both spoken/written English & Chinese
- Hands-on experience of MS office applications
- Ability to work on shift including weekends and public holidays
- Knowledge of Horse Racing, Football Betting and Mark Six an added advantage
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.