Senior Buyer – Footwear
Frasers Group London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
Finding the fearless
To stay ambitious, we need a Footwear Buyer who will embrace our heritage as we look to elevate our future. We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise – whether that’s luxury fashion buying or sportswear analytics.
As our product specialist for footwear you will need to provide expert level product & merchandising strategies for the category.
• You will base in the UK and physically report to Taichung, Taiwan quarterly
• You will need to research and analyze product, consumer, and competitive trends in the key Europe markets.
• You will independently develop conclusions and make recommendations to sourcing office on opportunities to further develop the product and grow the business.
• You will propose and draft plan for a complete product collection, validated by category analysis, market, consumer & competitive knowledge that meets the product and financial goals for the category.
• You will create and present compelling product presentations seasonally.
• Chase up tech packs from designers including fabric swatches as early as possible, but at the latest, in-line with the Design/Sourcing Calendar.
• Initiate and participate in reviews, in-line with the Design/Sourcing Calendar to ensure the sourcing team are contributing to business, category and product strategy.
• Participate in the Buyers Review to ensure orders are placed on time, to the correct factory, with the correct details, including carton/container fill, costs and supplier codes.
Skills & Qualifications
• 10+ years' experience in a footwear product or marketing field.
• Strong generalist footwear experience with a high-level understanding of retail buying and/or sales gained through applicable experience.
• Footwear product experience and proven ability to develop a complete product line.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, and retail math skills.
• Ability to drive and execute the strategic and long-term product agenda.
• Must have proven successful experience driving financial/revenue growth through style/SKU management.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
• Ability to successfully develop strong working relationships at all levels and demonstrate ability to create cross-team collaboration.
If you are a team player with excellent attention to detail and plenty of initiative, this is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within our Group.
|Job ref no.||CT3130529-01#1606|