- Lead the end-to-end commercial & contract management process and functions for China Property projects, from feasibility to handover including estimating and cost reporting, delivering visibility, certainty, value and control on Property expenditure with consistent, efficient and effective process and systems.
- Provide commercial and contract strategies specifically related to China related projects to deliver the Club’s objectives whilst taking account of both project and market conditions, to enable the delivery of Property projects across a number of asset types in the Club’s portfolio
- Develop and implement a Budget Estimate and programme of reporting by taking lead on the preparation of budget estimate for China Projects and conducting value engineering, alternative design cost estimation and market cost benchmarking for budget estimations,
- Provide budget and forecast reports as required to support their respective decision making
- Manage external Quantity Surveying (QS) consultants and collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and colleagues in Mainland China to complete tender documentations and provide a high-performing holistic commercial cost reporting function
- Oversee the Commercial procurement function and the management of commercial tender queries, commercial assessments and approval memorandums in accordance to strict procurement timelines.
- Manage the review and response to commercial tender qualifications and actively participate in the commercial negotiations
- Provide support in preparing contract documents, letters of award and supplemental agreements.
- Review, vet, reconcile and benchmark pre-tender estimates
- Provide strategic commercial and contract management on post contract works including Payments/Claims and settlements
- The role is based in Hong Kong and requires frequent travel to the CRC Site
You should have:
- Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent with professional qualifications in related disciplines
- Chartered Member of HKIS / RICS or equivalent professional body
- Minimum 20 years’ experience with 15 years relevant post-qualified work experience, in construction or property industry, and with at least 10 years’ experience working in China in a leading client organization
- Client and/or consultancy experience in leading major projects / programmes of work
- Strong experience in budget estimation and alternative design cost estimate
- Strong track record as Commercial Lead on large projects in China for a leading property owning, development or contracting organisation.
- Proven track record in driving a commercial and value agenda for major programmes of work and in optimising value and risk mitigation
- Current knowledge of industry leading practices and a willingness to stay up to date
- Deep knowledge of and relationships in the China construction market
- Demonstrated capability in building good relationships with internal stakeholders at different level
- Excellent commercial negotiation skills
- Speak fluent English, Cantonese, and Putonghua
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong