- Support the commercial and strategic aims of the Club and work closely with respective business divisions on compliance issues, handling internal compliance enquiries, logging and tracking enquiries and compliance issues
- Support Compliance Department management in the implementation of the Club Compliance framework and the promotion of a Compliance culture at the Club.
- Undertake legal research to ensure awareness of regulatory developments and provide regulatory updates, to maintain a current inventory of laws and regulations
- Work with business units and subject matter experts to establish and develop Compliance Obligation Registers for business units.
- Develop methodologies, logs and reports on tracking any follow up actions, status of monitoring
- Execute the compliance monitoring focused on either subject matter focused e.g. AML or Business Unit(s)e.g. Racing Division
- Develop and prepare regular compliance reports
- Develop templates for compliance reporting, training logs, compliance declaration forms and other compliance related templates
- Coordinate and provide support to compliance trainings
- Assist in coordinating and liaising with regulatory authorities on enquiries, licensing matters, reporting, inspection or investigation
- Assist in the management and use of the Document Management System
- Assist in the development and implement of the Governance Risk Compliance system
- Assist Compliance Department management with ad-hoc project and administrative work as directed
You should have:
- Degree holder in Law preferred, or Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related disciplines with an interest in developing a career in Compliance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in compliance, risk management or internal audit in law firm, professional service firm or conglomerates
- High computer literacy; proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent analytical skills and in using Excel for conducting analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Chinese and English, proficiency in Mandarin is a plus
- Strong interest in compliance, good understanding and preferably working knowledge of current risk management practices and techniques
- strong team player ethos with strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, as well as high degree of professional maturity
- Independent thinking, the ability to adapt and learn quickly, and trouble-shoot problems independently
- Experience working in diverse and international working culture
- Willingness to travel to China (although it may be minimum)
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club's notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.