The Customer and International Business Development Division (C&I) is responsible for providing quality wagering experience to local and overseas customers of The Hong Kong Jockey Club. It operates 88 Race Meetings a year, 33 Simulcasts days, a thrice-weekly Mark 6 Draw, 7X24 Digital Channels, 7X24 Football Betting Services on over 11,000 different leagues per year. The ultimate aim is to provide an impressive total customer experience leading to sustainable turnover growth in a responsible manner.
- perform statistical data analyses and advise actionable insight from the result on business issues
- prepare and evaluate business performance result for Management
- streamline and automate regular report generation
- support customer management projects on customer targeting, lists preparation and analysis
- provide data analytic service to other departments of the Club.
You should have:
- a university degree, preferably in Statistics, Quantitative Analysis, Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent with minimum 3 years' relevant experience in statistical customer analysis
- solid experience with relational database, be able to understand, maintain and compose sophisticated database query scripts
- to be capable in handling voluminous data and in writing efficient queries, and be experienced in various data transformation techniques to aggregate transactional data
- strong business acumen and sensitive to consumer market trends
- to be well-versed with SQL, SAS, VBA, R, Python and other MS Office applications
- exposure to Big Data analytic and Robotic Process Automation are advantage
- passion and knowledge of horse racing are distinct advantages.
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.