Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Digital Product Manager.
In this role, you will
- Accountable for owning and managing product backlog for their products from drawdown through to final delivery to the business or customers including prioritization of backlog items new requirements, defects, CRs based on a variety of business, technical, commercial and customer considerations.
- Subject Matter Expertise input to the requirements elaboration process, supporting Cross Functional Teams with data, technical and competitor insight and industry best practice.
- Colocation with Scrum Master, Technical Lead, Business and Solution Analysis and Design as needed, providing clear articulation of product vision and direction.
- Approval of product at the end of sprint and readiness for release to customers.
- Develop strong working relationships with market stakeholders across the globe to understand the local product, regulatory and competitive environment in order to design this into global requirements.
- Report on the status of product backlog and sprint deliverables including business value and priorities.
- Accountable to Global Digital Product Management for ownership, definition, prioritization and delivery of digital product backlog.
- Proactive in collaboration with cross functional scrum teams to provide product vision, direction and priorities.
- Work with stakeholders including, Global and Country Digital Teams, Group Product CVM and Marketing to understand local and global requirements and ensure that new features and functions are consumable and sustainable.
- Lead definition and delivery of best in class digital experience through User Centered Design process in collaboration with Design, Global Digital Product Management and Engineering.
- Develop and promote a customer centric ethos, use insight to continuously enhance user experience, increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention.
- Provide SME support and direction to Analysis, Design and Testing teams within and beyond the Global Digital Product Management
- Proactive role in the development of new operational Product Management competency ensuring consistency with peers across Global Digital Product Management community.
- Proactive with own development and supporting development of Lead Digital Analyst or Digital Analyst teams.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Global Digital Product Management strategy, and rollout across regions and local markets.
- Develop clear governance procedures within discipline to maximize convergence across region, and ensure any divergence is justified.
- Procedures should be comprehensive and unambiguous, and include Service Level Agreements, individual or team ownership; resolution scenarios and escalation policy.
- Identify key risks, issues and interdependencies and provide appropriate mitigation strategies or escalation as appropriate.
- Support audit or independent programme assessments as required.
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational Risk.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Digital Product Management or Owner experience, owning all aspects of their product from initiation through to
- Excellent customer focus, Awareness of User Centered Design methodology, digital customer behavior, sourcing of customer insight and importance of customer testing.
- Excellent understanding of delivery frameworks particularly hands on experience of working in an Agile sprint team.
- Subject Matter Expertise of digital channel, including technical, commercial and market considerations.
- Commercial focus, ability to balance risks versus. rewards and maximize cost effectiveness and profitability for the
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to operate effectively with ambiguous and incomplete data.
- Strong decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on data and insight and understand the implications.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Innovative, the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all five regions North America, Latin America, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000BAF3
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited