Product Testing and Certification
- Work with 3rd party laboratories on product safety, regulatory and performance requirements.
- Manage pre-purchase and post production testing activities to ensure result is available per project timeline and is clearly communicated to internal teams. Should there be a test failure, he/she must be able to provide guidance/direction in terms of possible areas of correction/improvement. -
- Develop product inspection protocols to ensure mass production conformance is properly executed and appropriately checked. -
- Monitor and support development of manufacturing quality control testing. It is important that QA plans and schedules factory visits to have a required understanding of the respective manufacturing processes and control gates at “benchmarked” facilities of specific product categories in addition to acquiring knowledge through research reading. -
- Keep updated to Global Product Recall situations and incorporate appropriate learning into Product Quality Plan.
Technical Support on Chain of Custody (CoC)/Declaration of Conformity (DoC) to Suppliers/Factories and Merchandising
- Provide QA and technical support to ALL product categories across different product-specific Merchandising teams on product safety, regulatory and performance requirements across different markets around the world. Also, the support extends to CoC and DoC management up to the raw materials level as per mandated by global brands such as Mars (and this will be the gradual industry trend as global brands put more emphasis on responsible sourcing initiative/program). It is expected that QA will review, comprehend, judge and recommend appropriate testing requirements that are relevant and necessary to be carried to achieve objectives of product compliance and cost efficiency.
Product Specification Review
- Review and understand different customers’ Vendor Manuals/Guides to be able to provide inputs to Sales Support in terms of customers’ product testing and inspection criteria and requirements.
- Assess suppliers'/factories’ product specifications & customer requirements to ensure the product quality comply with specified requirements and international safety standards.
- Educate and guide suppliers/factories to execute mass production to ensure product conformance and compliance.
Sample Review and Approval
- Evaluate prototype samples & submit observations/improvements to Sales Support for feedback to suppliers/factories via Merchandising to ensure products are safe and fit for purpose.
- Ensure Pre-Production Samples are signed & tagged and returned to suppliers/factories for QC inspection references with defined checklists.
- Proof-read Instruction Manual/User Guide against approved PPS.
First Article Review and Factory Meeting
- Participate in Pre-Production Meetings with Merchandising and QC on high attention/high risk projects to assist the suppliers/factories in better understanding the Product Testing Protocols and Inspection Requirements & Standard so that the suppliers/factories can be prepared ahead of time to produce right the first time.
Failure Analytical Support -
- C onduct preliminary Failure Analysis on field reported situations whenever possible (i.e. that is not restricted by lack of testing facilities) and document in CAP such that follow-up analysis/investigation can be made and tracked by suppliers/factories in one document.
- Keep track of all field reported situations in the Global Customer Reported Situation Tracking Log .
Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare documentations - Technical Specifications, Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide customer requested information as per defined timelines.
- Quality standards, documentations and engineering reports are managed appropriately out of the Sharepoint.
- Compile QC Files on/before the scheduled inspection dates to support the China QC operations through effective modes of communication such as Skype/WeChat/Phone calls to complete with emailing system.
- Support clients’ visits and audits as and when necessary with allocated clients’ accounts.
- Support clients’ questionnaires and documentation requests during project/program tendering process and clients’ stated projects.
- Participate in ISO pre-audits and certification.
- At least 3-5 years of working experiences in Lab and 1-2 years in sourcing offices.
- Work must be performed in accordance with defined guidelines & operating systems and supported by appropriate formal documentations.
- Subject matter experts in areas of product safety, regulatory and performance requirements as per international and market-specific standards.
- Observe directions and instructions from superior to ensure the required work quality is delivered.
- Proactive updating of task and job progress status to superior such that prompt recovery action could be taken if necessary.
- Direction and instruction be clear enough to all relevant parties.
- Complete work based on scheduled timelines.
- Provide clear analysis and reports.
- Apply Quality tools and methodologies at work/in the work that is being done.
- Strict adherence to Company & Departmental operational and administrative guidelines.
- Maintain effective and efficient communication with all parties.
We offer a friendly working environment in Causeway Bay, a five day week and fringe benefits that include medical insurance and 15 days paid leave annually.
Interested candidates please email full CV including previous work experience, current and expected salary by clicking "Apply Now"
All Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.