The Technological and Higher Education Institute (THEi) offers over 20 innovative degree programmes that are vocationally oriented and developed with significant industry input through three faculties - Faculty of Design and Environment, Faculty of Management and Hospitality, and Faculty of Science and Technology. All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, and most are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies. At present, seven programmes are in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP), which provides subsidies to students varying from $40,000 to $70,000 per year. For more information about our Institute, please visit https://www.thei.edu.hk.
The appointee is required to prepare tenders, cost estimates, work schedules and maintenance programmes for building maintenance, major and minor alteration and addition works, various trades of building services installation, and building management. He / she will be required to work with consultants, contractors and other operation units of THEi or VTC on the execution or scheduling of works from design stage through to completion, handover and defects rectification; monitor and report contractor’s performance and works progress to ensure the completion of works on time and delivery of quality products; undertake investigations of building management / systems / facilities and make recommendations for improvement.
Applicants should have a recognized degree in building studies, surveying, building services engineering or related fields with 5 years’ post-degree relevant work experience at executive level, preferably in building management or building works supervision and inspection, and/or handling building contracts. He/she should have good negotiation, management and interpersonal communication skills, and high proficiency in English and Chinese.
(1) Candidates may be appointed on fractional, short term or part-time employment.
(2) The post is at the rank of Senior Officer.
(3) Applicants with less experience may be considered for the post of Facilities Management Officer in the rank of Officer.
(4) The appointee may be required to perform duties at different sites and work irregular hours, shifts and on Saturdays and Sundays.
(5) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify on the envelope, or in the subject of the e-mail, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of points (1) – (4) below:
(1) Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
(2) Attachment(s) to the application by email should be saved with names as
(a) VTC1-FMO-SFMO-"your surname and given name", e.g. “VTC1-FMO-SFMO-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(b) CV-FMO-SFMO-“your surname and given name", e.g. “CV-FMO-SFMO-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(3) For the email subject, please cite “Application for the Post of Senior Facilities Management Officer (Ref. No.: O/THEi-FMO/SFMO/05/18)"..
(4) Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: 13 June 2018
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||O/THEi-FMO/SFMO/05/18 (CT3114139-01#0234)|
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of the Vocational Training Council, is established for the advancement, promotion and development of education suited to the developing needs of Hong Kong. THEi provides quality self-financed programmes with a strong vocational orientation at degree and above levels and admitted its first cohort of students in September 2012. It comprises the Faculty of Design, the Faculty of Management & Hospitality, the Faculty of Science & Technology, and a Department of General Education.
Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong