Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Finance Manager.
In this role, you will
- The roleholder will coordinate the Annual Operating Plan process for Asia, liaising with global businesses, global functions, HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Asset Liability and Capital Management and other stakeholders to ensure a robust AOP is prepared. HSBC's operations in Asia are a significant part of the Group therefore the roleholder will have an important role to play in the AOP process. In particular working with ALCM to help provide the Capital Plan and Return on Tangible Equity are key.
- The role during the AOP process is key to the Asia CFO or CEO understanding the underlying business strategies and priorities across the Business and Functions and includes co-ordinating the Key country review and challenge agenda.
- The roleholder will be responsible for the Corporate Centre submissions for Asia stress testing. The roleholder will be expected to review the outputs of stress testing, understand and challenge the business assumptions under the stress scenarios, and summarise the results for the Asia CFO for this submission.
- The team is responsible for delivering monthly financial reports for the Asia executive committees and board providing detailed information on the financial performance of the business. This information includes a Full Year Forecast which is updated on a monthly basis. The roleholder will review and challenge the forecast prepared by the global businesses, HSBC Operations, Services and Technology and global functions, helping to drive an accurate forecast for Asia. In addition, the roleholder will provide summary commentary for inclusion in monthly internal reporting. This includes tracking the Strategic Priorities for the Group that are related to Asia.
- The team performs analysis in respect of key performance metrics for Asia and for the Group, including return on equity and return on risk weighted assets, both historical and forward looking. This analysis is required for Board meetings and Investor presentations and also in response to ad hoc requests. The roleholder will play a key role in this analysis, including providing the most relevant forward looking information for the analysis.
- The roleholder will be supported by team members based in Hong Kong and India.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Accountant
- Excellent oral and written English and communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated financial issues in clear language.
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial bias, and an excellent grasp of business drivers.
- Proven influencing skills and an ability to engage and build relationships with a range of stakeholders, including senior management.
- Experience of financial planning or budgeting or modelling.
- Ambitious, driven and enthusiastic as well as a proactive thinker.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000BV42
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited