Under minimal supervision, assembles test setups for complex product assignments, records test data, conducts standardized tests, and assembles and disassembles products, materials and equipment.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Builds and/or adapts unique setup and test equipment for complex tests using independent judgment. Applies working knowledge of applicable test requirements and performs tests using general laboratory equipment. Performs routine care of designated test equipment and work area. Operates a computer to extract/input readily available information and to use available software.
- Examines test samples, reads measuring instruments and reviews test data with supervisor. Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams and operational instructions. Determines need for and seeks consultation from engineers or laboratory technicians. Analyzes test results.
- Operates designated laboratory equipment and tools as directed.
- Receives instructions from and reports data to supervisor and personnel in engineering and laboratory operations as needed. Prepares data sheets and records observed or calculated test results. Assembles test data for appropriate distribution.
- Perform product safety test and document preparation work.
- Responsible for testing sample and daily administration job.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Higher Diploma / Degree or equivalent in Product Testing/ Electronic Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Applied Physics/Chemistry or any relevant.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in conducting physical/mechanical, electrical or chemical test.
- Basic written English and computing skills, preferably with good proficiency in Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Work under pressure, self-motivated, mature with analytical mind.
- A team-player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Friendly environment and collaborative colleagues
- Casual dress code
- Training and Development (provided by Talent & ULU)
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.