(a) To perform teaching duties including supervision of students’ projects an fieldwork placement;
(b) To develop programme curriculum and teaching, learning and assessment materials;
(c) To carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration;
(d) To participate in networking with industry / industrial attachments, departmental projects and functions, including but not limited to consultancy services, research studies, seminars and exhibitions; and
(e) To assist in line-managing staff and department resources.
(a) (i) A recognized higher diploma, preferably with a recognized degree in Chinese Language / Chinese Language and Literature / Language Studies (Chinese) / Chinese Linguistics / Education (Chinese);
(ii) Applicants with a recognized degree in Translation / Teaching Chinese as a Second Language or as a Foreign Language may also apply. A transcript with course details should be provided for consideration;
(b) (i) Grade B, Level 2 or above in the Test of Proficiency in Putonghua administered by the State Commission on Language Work; OR
(ii) A pass in the Language Proficiency Assessment for Teachers (Putonghua) administered by the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessments Authority (HKEAA) or equivalent;
(c) At least 6 years’ relevant work or teaching experience;
(d) Preferably with understanding of the hospitality industry and some supervisory and administrative experience;
(e) Good communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese;
(f) Proficiency in common computer software applications;
(g) Passionate, professionally-minded and committed to offering the best to students and staff alike; and
(h) Ability to pass a written test and a teaching demonstration session.
(1) The post is in the rank of Senior Instructor.
(2) Candidates without the required academic qualifications stated in (a) above but possessing 12 years’ work or teaching experience in the relevant industry may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 qualification.
(3) Candidates with a recognized degree in the relevant disciplines but less experience may be considered for the post of Teaching Associate (Chinese & Putonghua).
(4) The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hour and in designated places as assigned.
(5) In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
(6) Applicants who have responded to the advertisement in the last 12 months need not re-apply.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. Please specify on the envelope the reference of the post being applied for.
Closing date for application: 23 June 2018
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||C/HTI/SLI(CP)/06/18-AP2 (CT3116139-01#0009)|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Hotel and Tourism Institute / Chinese Culinary Institute / International Culinary Institute