Added to your applied jobs.
You can browse your job application history here.Undo this action
Looking for similar jobs?View Jobs
- Regular sourcing for new products in line with our product categories and business needs.
- Source and review new suppliers’ capabilities to establish long term strategic vendor management program;
- Supplier selection and vendor management, ensuring best buy and good services from suppliers
- Build up and maintain good relationship with both existing and new suppliers.
- Work with Engineering and QA team to ensure product comply with US, European and other countries regulations;
- Manage sample development and follow up production run for all projects
- Prepare merchandising information and report for project updates ie cost sheets, purchase orders and relevant documents;
- Coordinate with QA and/or Technical team on sample process, production orders and delivery status;
- Work with factories and internal shipping team to ensure all shipping documents are in plan for on time shipment
- Facilitate order placement process with suppliers;
Requirements / Competencies:
- With all the attributes of a first-class sourcing person including but not limited to unconventional thinking, curious by nature, tactful in negotiation, and a people person.
- At least 8 years of working experience in sourcing and merchandising within a trading company environment; Less experience will be considered as Merchandiser.
- Work proactively under own initiative without close supervision;
- Knowledge in Housewares /Kitchenware products is definitely a plus, but not a must.
- Strong knowledge in stainless steel and plastic.
- Good connection and relationship with China and HK based factories
- Dynamic, hands on and with "can do" attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Putonghua);
- A team player, excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Mature, initiative, stable, detail-minded with strong sense of responsibility
- Travel to PRC is required.
Abdoolally Ebrahim Group started its business in Hong Kong since 1842. Abdoolally Ebrahim Housewares Limited is one of its subsidiaries mainly engaged in trading of housewares/kitchenware products and started trading and manufacturing kitchenware since 1961. To cope with our business needs, we are inviting high calibre candidate to join us as Senior Merchandiser (Sourcing) .