The Operations Transformation & Process Excellence (OTPE) Senior Process Consultant is a management role responsible for leading teams in order to deliver an agreed set of business objectives and meeting the overarching portfolio strategy. The role will require knowledge of and own the accountability for one of the following Operations Transformation Programmes (OTP) in Consumer, Wholesale, Risk, Payments or Operational Services.
The role holder will lead a group of OTPE professionals to support delivery of the OTP, and work in partnership with peers across OTPE to influence and develop the capabilities, align and drive Global Operations business imperatives and work with executives, leaders and teams across the functional and geographic landscape to drive the Strategic Transformation and Continuous Performance Improvements as defined by the OTPE programme structure. This will be achieved through the application of re-engineering, continuous improvement, Lean Six Sigma, Agile, migration, production management tools, robotics process automation (RPA) and cognitive technologies. The role holder is required to successfully embed change, continuous improvement, identify and mitigate key risks, influence and manage stakeholders, build strong relationships to lead the change.
The role would have chance to engage and manage a wide spectrum of senior stakeholders and partners across the bank. The individual will also be accountable for quality assurance, delivering high value financial improvement initiatives and creating an environment for the development and capability within their respective portfolio.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Process Consulting Manager.
- To deliver OTP by driving the globally directed projects and initiatives, through identifying opportunities and designing, implementing, delivering / embedding the change to the relevant processes. To be responsible for oversight of the small/medium scale reengineering projects & initiatives and driving large / medium transformation programmes. In both cases, to deliver an agreed set of business objectives / benefits and to meet the overlying portfolio strategy of one or more OTP in Consumer, Wholesale, Risk, Payments and other Operational Services.
- To provide timely reports on OTPE project/programme status, risks and issues, evaluating performance based on management information.
- The role requires mentoring several Process Consultants in a programme/project environment to guide them to deliver the agreed objectives.
- The role will be responsible for motivating and leveraging the Business and Operations teams to analyse defects within processes and then take appropriate remedial action. The role will deliver step change in operational performance (cost, service levels, and customer satisfaction) through identification and successful initiation of new process improvement initiatives aligned with local/regional transformation initiatives.
- To own and drive customer journey design on assignment as part of the process excellence capability of the team.
- The role is expected to work within the OTPE Centre of Excellence to compare processes and country results so as to identify and promote best practice ideas and practices.
- To work with the Transformation Office to identify and recommend innovative solutions that consider and include applicable emerging improvement trends and solutions.
- The role must obtain buy-in from, and influence, executive management and stakeholders for all key programme plans, commitments and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budgets, schedules, scope, risk mitigation and contingency plans and should escalate in a timely manner when conflicts arise.
- The role will drive the relevant Lean Six Sigma (LSS) curriculum OTP journeys where appropriate.
- To build trusted partnerships with internal customers through consistent identification and delivery of value-added consultancy services that exceed expectations and position the transformation program for sustained success.
- Be knowledgeable of key business drivers and customers, competitors, and emerging trends in the industry landscape.
- Facilitate training, forums within internal teams and nurture a culture of continuous learning.
- A candidate with 10+ years of overall operations transformation experience and a variety of skills related to executing high complexity projects and consulting engagements.
- Extensive experience in project management and process improvement initiatives internally or other large complex organizations. Profound understanding of overall banking and financial/consulting services industry knowledge is expected.
- Ability to maintain control, direction and motivation in an ever-changing environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of the change process, project lifecycle and a broad range of consulting tools and techniques.
- Track record of execution on LSS projects to successful completion. A Master Black Belt (MBB) trained candidate would prefer, ideally one that has also completed MBB certification with a recognised industry body.
- Exposure / experience with Robotics / A.I. and other light automations tools & techniques will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in managing senior stakeholders and demonstrated ability to build rapport rapidly with key stakeholders and to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Broad experience working across cultures and in matrix organizational structures.
- Financial acumen: ability to develop a business case, quantify benefits and translate ideas into outcomes.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with business partners.
- Good English enabling good written & verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for junior role.)
All information provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of two years from the date when the job application is rejected and such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.