FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Geography
The appointee will work on a research project funded by General Research Fund (GRF) grant. The project investigates the conservation and adaptive reuse of government-owned buildings and sites reflecting Hong Kong’s heritage of colonial policing. The goal of the project is to gain insight into the evolution of conservation approaches and outcomes by comparing similar sites.
The appointee will be responsible for assisting in various aspects of the research, including:
- Master’s degree in geography or related discipline (urban studies, cultural studies, sociology, anthropology) or Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant work experience;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese);
- Some qualitative research experience; and
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and web design will be considered an asset.
The appointment will commence as soon as possible and will be offered on a fixed-term contract up to two years.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications together with a cover letter and CV at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 14 February 2020
|Job ref no.||PR0263/19-20 (CT3122748-01#0237)|