Reports to: Application Manager
Department: Information Technology (IMT)
This role is responsible for developing and governing fit-for-purpose solution designs that address the business requirements and align to the architecture strategies, roadmaps, and standards. You will possess the know-how to solve major technical challenges; provides thought leadership for technical innovation that can drive business value.
- Cross-team collaboration with Enterprise Solution Architects, Application Manager and Solution Analysts to explore business demand at pre-prioritization stage. The work may include requirements assessment, solution planning, prototyping and impact analysis.
- Accountable to oversee package-based business solutions holistically to ensure seamless integration with other application / infrastructure components
- Must have over 10 years of Experience in SAP domain
- Must have worked as Solution Architect in SAP Implementation/Support projects
- Must have a strong background of Solution Design, Review and Implementation
- Gather, understand and synthesize documentation available from vendors, SMEs, systems, product managers and business analysts to be able to extract right information and transform it into different architectural diagrams or viewpoints
- Strong knowledge of SAP solutions, including SAP S4HANA, SAP BW, SAP BO, SAP Technical Area
- Cross-team collaboration with application and infrastructure project teams to focus on high level designs and conceptual designs for project delivery. Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as project-specific requirements to guide solution architecture by leveraging all aspects (eg. business, information and technology infrastructure) of enterprise architecture.
- Drive to develop and analyze solution options based on business demand, Enterprise Architecture and balanced comparison of functional capabilities, non-functional capabilities, risk, cost and benefits
- Consult with Enterprise Architects and project teams to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise architecture. Identify when the enterprise architecture cannot accommodate project needs. Drive discussions among Enterprise Architects and projects teams to agree on the solution architecture.
- Accountable for ensuring solution architecture design work is documented in a structured fashion matching the EA framework. Facilitate sharing of the artifacts to drive reuse.
- Construct and promote application / infrastructure development and deployment standards and guidelines.
- Drive to provide consultancy on performance optimization for new and existing solutions, in particular during production fire-fighting situations.
- Understand, advocate and augment the business and IT strategies specifically on EA development and service delivery. Be prepared to educate project team members (including business users) on the value of EA and principles that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in technology, ensure timely exploration and proactively communicate IM’s position towards the introduction of relevant / key emerging technologies. Modify the EA to accommodate near-term and long-term needs.
- Cross-team collaboration with the Technology & Architecture team to drive business and technology innovation to achieve corporate strategic plans and objectives.
- Manage junior Solution Architects as part of program (multiple related projects) delivery to design multiple cohesive and integrated solutions
- Act as the mentor of more junior Solution Architects by providing guidance on both technical and personal development aspects.
- Cross-team collaboration with the Architecture Practice Lead to develop, monitor and continuously improve the Solution Architecture discipline
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience with at least 5 years hands-on project solution architecture experience in large scale strategic programs or projects (e.g., budget greater than $100m HKD):
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environment
- Proficient knowledge in cloud based architecture and design framework
- Significant practical experience or good understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF
- Ability to think conceptually and simplify complex problems through abstraction
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders up to the executive level
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
- Knowledge of the differences between enterprise and solution architecture
- Understanding of application development methodologies, SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, or client/server systems
- Significant knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Passion and ability to learn new technologies
Application deadline: 31 January 2022