Reports to: Application Manager
Department: Information Technology (IMT)
The Solution Architect is responsible for developing and governing fit-for-purpose solution designs that address the business requirements and align to the architecture strategies, roadmaps and standards.
- Develop solution options, with primary focus on cloud, micro-service and container, and based on business demand, Enterprise Architecture and balanced comparison of functional capabilities, non-functional capabilities, risk, cost and benefits.
- Work closely with application and infrastructure teams on the conceptual designs and solution designs for project delivery. Analyse enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as project-specific requirements to guide solution architecture by leveraging all aspects (e.g. business, information and technology infrastructure) of enterprise architecture. Ensure seamless integration with other application / infrastructure components.
- Work closely with the delivery teams and the technical leads to come up with the technology strategy and for the applications.
- Drive discussions among Architects and key stakeholders to agree on the solution architecture.
- Communicate a clear vision of how the technology can be optimally applied to products and services.
- Ensure solution architecture design work is documented in a structured fashion matching the Enterprise Architecture framework. Construct and promote application / infrastructure development and deployment standards and guidelines. Facilitate sharing of the artifacts to drive reuse.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in technology, ensure timely exploration and proactively communicate IM’s position towards the introduction of relevant / key emerging technologies. Modify the Enterprise Architecture to accommodate near-term and long-term needs.
- Anticipates and acts upon issues that arise, provides alternative approaches, optimal solution and continuously improving performance of applications. Provide consultancy on performance optimisation for new and existing solutions, in particular during production fire-fighting situations.
- Understand, advocate and augment the business and IT strategies specifically on Enterprise Architecture development and service delivery.
- Work on prototypes and concepts for new technologies and ideas with little or no guidance.
- Support continuous improvement of standard Cathay IT Practices.
- Be able to communicate to any IT role using their vocabulary.
- Mentor the development team and promote ideas for useful technologies and methodologies.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related disciplines.
- For a Solution Architect a minimum 7 years of IT experience with at least 4 years hands-on project solution architecture experience.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environment.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity.
- Significant practical experience or good understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF.
- Advanced expertise in SDLC – Agile and DevOps is beneficial.
- Must be well organized, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Airline knowledge is beneficial.
Application Deadline: 06 June 2022