The Strategic Procurement Department is focused on delivering effective business solutions through a strategic management approach of our costs, our supplier base and the continuous improvement of our administrative initiatives.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Strategic Procurement team in the development and implementation of procurement and category strategies for our Staff Hotel project that enable the Club to engage with the supply market in a manner which secures the desired suppliers at the optimum price, whilst delivering excellent performance for the Club throughout the cycle.
- Provide end-to-end strategic procurement management services including developing and managing the Club’s supplier base;
- Enhance governance control, drive efficient and effective procurement within the responsible category cluster whilst satisfying the diversified business requirements across the Club;
- Implement supplier assessment processes and tools, and will need to know how to communicate results to suppliers in a way that aids their development;
- Improve category management to ensure opportunities for innovation are fully evaluated and where appropriate, introduced/implemented into the Club;
- Work closely with Business Users, Property, and Commercial & Contract Management teams in evaluating supplier submissions and supporting their award of contracts;
- Build an engaging and trusted relationship with key stakeholders, drive regular review meetings to align expectations;
- Contribute, in conjunction with the Strategic Procurement Centre-of-Excellence (COE), towards a culture of continuous improvement around vendor engagement, internal collaboration, processes, tools and measurement.
- Collaborate with colleagues of Property, Racing, C&I, HR, Finance and other Business/Users as appropriate to ensure the most up-to-date view of potential category spend (i.e. demand plan) is maintained.
You should have:
- A degree holder with professional qualification from a recognized institute (e.g. HKIS, RICS, HKIE, CIPS)
- Technical Expertise (breadth and depth) in specified portfolio areas
- Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement
- At least 10 years’ experience in property/building management and/or construction / fit out environment
- Experience in:
- Working with developers, contractors, suppliers, and/or consultants
- Delivering benefits through strategic sourcing and procurement
- Managing suppliers as partners and developing suppliers relationships
- Serving as Category Manager and developing category management teams
- Knowledge of market and ability to understand where it is heading, able to translate this information into impact on the business
- Good Project Management skills, be result oriented and with ability to deal with dynamic situation
- Knowledge on business process design and mapping
- A competent understanding of financial information
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please fax/mail your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department,
The Hong Kong Jockey Club,
1 Sports Road, Happy Valley