The Senior Student Affairs Manager shall be responsible to the Director of Student Affairs and assist in the management and coordination of various functions of SAO. The appointee shall:
1. assist the Director of Student Affairs in overseeing a portfolio of responsibilities with a focus on enabling student success and enriching campus life;
2. assist the Director of Student Affairs in the overall management of the SAO including policy development and implementation, budgeting, manpower and resources management, outcome assessment and quality assurance;
3. oversee the operations of the SAO to ensure its efficiency and effectiveness;
4. nurture a positive work culture that promotes collaboration, synergy and continuous improvement;
5. provide executive support to committees and working groups; and
6. perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Affairs.
Applicants should possess:
1. a recognized degree, preferably a higher degree, with solid administrative experience in tertiary education;
2. substantial post-degree experience in student affairs related areas such as career services; student counselling; financial assistance & scholarships; student support & activities and sports & wellness;
3. excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
4. demonstrated strategic foresight and a vision for enhancing excellence in student experience and a proven ability to work effectively with staff and students;
5. ability to be flexible and adaptable with a commitment to respond proactively to rapidly changing needs; and
6. a high level of competence in written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).
Terms of Appointment
Successful candidate will be appointed on a full-time fixed term contract. Fringe benefits will include annual leave, medical & dental benefits, life insurance coverage and gratuity, where applicable.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System. https://ouhk.taleo.net/careersection/ex_full_time/jobapply.ftl?lang=en&job=180011F
Deadline: 31 July 2018
|Job ref no.||180011F (CT3113078-01#0165)|
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, OUHK today has developed into a young, dynamic, full-fledged university. We began offering full-time face-to-face programmes since 2001 and currently have about 10,000 full-time and 9,500 part-time students in the five Schools at the OUHK with about 220 programmes of studies. In addition, there are about 2,000 full-time/part-time students studying in LiPACE.
The University strives to be a leader in providing open and flexible education to all, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time face-to-face programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong, and we are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
In line with the strategic initiatives of the University, the Student Affairs Office (SAO) embraces its mission to “enable student success and to enrich campus life". There are five teams in the Office, namely, student career services; student counselling; financial assistance & scholarships; student support and activities and sports & wellness. Through this wide range of student engagement and services, the SAO facilitates students in realizing their full potential, achieving academic success in their studies, enhancing their employability and enjoying an all-round student life in OUHK.
We are now inviting applications for the following post in the Student Affairs Office: