- Participate in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including but not limited to requirement gathering, design, development, testing, system release and post launch maintenance of backend applications
- Prepare quality technical specifications including process models, functional specifications, requirement specifications, User Interface (UI)/ report specifications, architecture documents, end-to-end use cases, data specification, etc.
- Liaise with relevant parties on user requirements, UAT testing, implementation and deployment
- Work and communicate with external vendors on change request and maintenance of outsourcing solutions
- Provide support duties to maintain system service level
- Degree holder in Computer Science, Information Systems or IT related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Java web application development
- Solid development experience in Java, JEE, Spring, Springboot, REST WS, JPA
- Practical experience in working with the following Oracle, Postgresql, SQL Server, Kafka
- Knowledge and experience in public cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP) infrastructure provisioning, preferably with IT automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Application deployment on Kubernetes would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and analytical skills
- Good team player with strong trouble shooting skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese with strong communication skills
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for System Engineer position
We offer successful candidate an attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects. Interested parties please send your resume, present and expected salary, contact details and quoting the reference number by clicking Apply Now
Visit our web site: http://www.octopus.com.hk/
The personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. If you are not contacted by us within six weeks, you may consider your application unsuccessful. Personal data with an unsuccessful applicant will be destroyed 12 months after rejection of the application. During this retention period, you have the right to request for correction or destruction of your personal data at any time. Any request for the correction or destruction of personal data should be addressed in writing to our Human Resources & Administration Department.
Octopus is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions and Human Resources policies are administered; especially those relating to recruitment & selection, compensation & benefits, promotion & transfer, training & development and termination & redundancy; without discrimination on the basis of age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, physical and mental disability and family status but on genuine occupational qualification, job performance, employees’ ability and internal/ external relativities.