The Senior Technical Lead is responsible for architecting solutions for customer’s strategic program, fixed odds stream and performing the following activities:
- Evaluating Business Requirements
- Performing Analysis and Design with the purpose of providing application and technical architecture solutions that meet those business requirements
- Preparation of the necessary documentation artefacts as per the client’s methodology
- Ability to work in an environment transitioning from a traditional waterfall approach to a sprint based iterative approach utilizing DevOps principles
- Lead the process of scoping and designing technical solutions, including analysis of business requirements, evaluating business enabling technologies, defining system architecture, scoping resource needs, researching technical alternatives, identifying risks and recommending delivery approach to successfully deliver the required business functionality
- Prepare technical proposal, architecture design document and system design document, provide technical direction, and guide delivery teams (including application development) in the delivery of technically challenging solutions.
- Provide high quality consulting services on all wagering and gaming technical solutions
- Manage and develop a small high performing team of solution architects and analysts to achieve collaborative outcomes.
- Use analytical thinking and technical domain knowledge to aid in Betting Systems incident and problem management activities, including critical incidents and problems impacting on production Betting Systems service levels.
- Lead in evaluating and prototyping new business enabling technology for competitive advantage.
- Collaborate with project managers, application developers and systems engineers to ensure solutions fit within the overall architectural framework and resolve any conflicts.
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Postgraduate qualifications in a technical field is with advantage.
- At least 8 years relevant experience in the development/ architecture role of a wagering and gaming systems development organizations or software house providing support to the banking and investment industry.
- Hands-on experience in designing transaction processing systems with high scalability, throughput, fault tolerance, recoverability and maintainability.
- Sound experience in production support of high-volume/performance and mission-critical OLTP systems.
- Appropriate industry certification in Architecture.
The candidate is expected to have experience in the architecting of custom large scale, heterogeneous distributed systems. Ideally the candidate will have experience with the following platforms, tools and processes:
- Coding platforms: Java/Linux and .Net/C#
- Relational Database technology: SQL Server
- Messaging technology: Solace/Tibco
- The custom software is being built using iterative development processes leveraging DevOps principles at scale to achieve Continuous Integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD). The DevOps tools being used for deployment include Bit Bucket; Jenkins; Urban Code; Jira and associated add-ons and tools.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.