Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Universal Banker II.
In this role, you will
- Identify and capture insurance business opportunities with prompt follow up on analytically driven leads and customer referrals for HSBC Advance clients
- Provide specialist advice on appropriate insurance solutions to ensure the needs of clients in the HSBC Advance client segment are fulfilled
- Establish effective working relationships with other teams within the Branch and other relevant partners in order to ensure a consistent approach and application of outstanding service standards
- Work to ensure quality business referrals and referral skills among team members and proactively contribute to product knowledge and skills sharing
- Manage an individual insurance portfolio to ensure the highest rate of customer satisfaction
- Take the lead in planning the referral activities of a team of General Banking Officers whilst collaborating with them in meeting business objectives
- Engage in the end to end insurance service which includes customer needs identification, solution recommendations, application fulfillment and follow up
- Responsible for quality assurance and control measures by delivering the best suitable protection solutions to customers
- Ensure self and team activities comply with relevant regulatory requirements and the bank's internal standards
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Tertiary or university level education, preferably in finance, business or a related discipline
- Proven experience in understanding client needs and providing life insurance solutions to clients, preferably in Bancassurance field
- Extensive wealth management and insurance product knowledge and capabilities
- Insurance related license are required, including Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute Paper 1,7,8 and Insurance Intermediaries Qualifying Examination Paper 1,2,3,5
- Good level of verbal English and Cantonese with Mandarin preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and motivational skills
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009AL8
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited