Support the Director, Visual Merchandising, ASIA in planning and executing all Visual related activities for the Korea/J-Doors / Taiwan/ Philippines area. This role will be assisting in managing the communication between stores, internal cross-functional corporate departments as well as external business partners. He/she is required to assist in creating a store environment that promotes our brand, showcases and moves our products and delights our customers. He/she will need to have a well-developed understanding of the Tory Burch visual presentation standards and be able to support both the administrative and creative needs of the business.
This position will need to have a well-developed understanding of the Tory Burch Visual Presentation standards and strong business acumen - effectively balancing aesthetics with productivity, and be extremely creative and an effective communicator and trainer.
He/ she will also provide communication channels throughout the regions to give VM information, plan and strategy and reach VM team and operational teams and store managers (Wholesales & Travel Retails).
FOCUS AREA #1: Regional Visual Merchandising Strategy & Standards
- Elevate, adapt and implement Visual guidelines, including but not limited to window presentations and in-store displays.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in developing strategies to uphold the Visual Merchandising standards.
- Liaison between field organizations and corporate office, communicating successes, opportunities, and needs at the field level; actively coordinate with the Director, Visual Merchandising, APAC.
- Demonstrate a strong working relationship with internal corporate teams, store management, and Wholesale partners.
- Emulate the brand aesthetic and embody a strong sense of fashion and an enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Contribute to maintaining all brand and operating standards to support brand consistency.
- Assist in any updates to the Global Visual Standards Manual and support/train accordingly.
- Resolve store-specific merchandising opportunities that require adaptations based on region, market, store architecture, inventory levels, and business trends.
FOCUS AREA #2: Field Focus: Hands-On Visual Support
- Support the planning, executing and follow up of key rollouts and initiatives in Korea/J-Doors / Taiwan/ Philippines area.
- Frequent travel and onsite visits to provide in-the-moment coaching, training and feedback; conduct regular store visits to ensure that Visual Merchandising standards are maintained in accordance with guidelines.
- Support the execution of special event set-ups including but not limited to Press Previews, Styling Sessions and Brand Launch Events
- Photo management/reviews and weekly touch-bases with in-store Visual leads and store management to include submission of weekly recap noting opportunities and successes.
- Ensure that appropriate contacts/partners have seasonal directive and other Visual Merchandising collateral.
- Coordinate all orders and logistical processes to maintain each location’s prop fixture package and any Visual elements needed
FOCUS AREA #3: Leadership
- Work on the training of and partnership with Visual Merchandising talent in the field
- Participate in the development of Visual Merchandising educational/ training tools
- Coordinate and conduct Visual training sessions and workshops within the region
- Onboard new hires in order to train them on Visual Merchandising standards and guidelines
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES NOT COVERED IN FOCUS AREAS:
- Special Projects as needed
- Support New Store Openings & Events when required
- Some Retail support/maintenance required
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Minimum of 5 years visual merchandising/installation and store operations experience with a luxury goods retailer
- Strong organizational, management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting material in an organized and compelling manner
- Demonstrated ability to balance maintenance and installations on a rolling calendar
- Ability to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail boutique hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends)
- Good communication skills, fluent in Mandarin and English
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
- Photoshop & Illustrator proficiency preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong initiative on many different types of projects simultaneously with aggressive timelines
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.