The Roaster should complete a certification process in roasting profiles and processes. He or she will gain a full understanding of roast curves, roasting systems software and ancillary systems relating to roasting. Also, the candidate should possess a strong attention to detail, organization and cleanliness. Individual must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a strong team collaborator.
- Become proficient at cupping room tasks and develop tasting skills.
- To learn the functionality of Elephant Ground’s roasting equipment, understand general maintenance and acquire the skills to roast independently.
- Will be taught the theory of roasting and expected to apply it to daily roasts.
- Continual roasting of high demand full batch size coffees
- Ordering of green coffee, inventory control and forecasting
- Assist in organizing and cleaning of roasting and green coffee workspace
- Liaising with our coffee trainer to help educate and train our staff, including developing new education classes
- Liaise with our marketing team to ensure proper and complete information of all offerings
- Manage roasting byproducts (chaff, burlap bags, GrainPro bags) to maximize reuse or recycling
- Sample roasting purchasing samples and landed coffees
- Understanding the quality control regiment as set by the company standards
- Passionate in making coffee
- Service oriented, self-motived and a good team player, have strong sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Applicants must hold a valid Hong Kong ID and only candidates with permission to work in Hong Kong will be considered
- Immediate available is highly preferred
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as “Junior Roaster"
- Working Location: Sheung Wan
- Current & Expected salary (Please specify)