The Shipping and Logistics Coordinator is responsible to provide integrated expertise and exceptional service for both internal and external clients for all shipping and Logistics related activities, working closely with specialist departments, services operations and any related departments to ensure the timely and cost-effective property movement in compliance with all associated laws and regulations with meeting business needs.
Key responsibilities (Not limited to the following):
• Liaise with suppliers to procure and coordinate shipping and logistics services to enable the movement of property to and from Christie’s, both domestically and internationally.
• Work closely with the Pre and Post Sale teams to deliver an integrated, consistent and exceptional pre and post sale experience for clients.
• Liaise and coordinate all property activities at the Christie’s offsite warehouse, including but not limited to property receipt, viewing room booking, property release, internal transfer of property between Christie’s office and offsite warehouse etc.
• Coordinate and deal with paperwork for shipments, deliveries and handcarries, ensure relevant customs regulations and Christie’s polices are met for all property movement.
• Responsible to apply for CITES license, ATA Carnet, any license or shipping paperwork as required for the property movement, ensure the accuracy of the information and its timely submission.
• Responsible to lodge the customs declaration to HK Customs in a timely and accurate manner for shipments import and export from Christie’s HK.
• Handle shipping and logistics enquiries from internal and external clients in professional manner.
• Monitor and execute quote requests in a timely manner in line with established service levels/KPI.
• Obtain quotes from shippers and other related service providers for shipments and deliveries, select the most suitable option for our internal and external clients.
• Monitor the progress of shipments and deliveries, conferring with suppliers to troubleshoot and rectify problems in a timely manner and ensuring that interested parties are apprised of the status of the shipment.
• Maintain and scan all required documentation associated with shipments in accordance with department procedures.
• Ensure JDE system is updated promptly to reflect the status of property movement.
• Ensure Purchase Orders for shipping and logistics elated charges are produced in a timely manner.
• Ensure timely collection of invoices and payment to appropriate suppliers.
• Immediate report to line manager, specialist department and any related departments of any damages, losses and discrepancies cases.
• Support Christie’s exhibitions and selling events in the office and off-site locations in all areas as required by the business.
• Support any projects or company’s directives as assigned by the manager.
• High School Diploma is a must (College degree is preferred) with at least 1-2 years of industry experience
• Fluent verbal and written English and Chinese (including Mandarin)
• Strong knowledge of logistics, including packing, transportation methods and regulatory compliance
• Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to communicate with all organizational levels
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member to complete the task at hand
• Strong organizational skills to set priorities, multi task and meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Offices skills
• Prior experience with fine art shipping is desirable
• Prior experience with ERP system (e.g. JDE, Workday) is an advantage
• Flexibility to work overtime and weekend hours when necessary is required
World’s Leading Auction House
Christie’s is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art, unparalleled service and expertise, as well as international glamour. Founded in 1766 by James Christie, Christie's has since conducted the greatest and most celebrated auctions through the centuries providing a popular showcase for the unique and the beautiful. Christie’s offers over 450 auctions annually in over 80 categories, including all areas of fine and decorative arts, jewellery, photographs, collectibles, wine, and more. Prices range from $200 to over $100 million.
Christie’s, the world's leading art business, had global auction and private sales. Our sales figures were driven by an increase in new buyers across all geographies coming to the market, including from growth markets such as China and through the Internet.
Christie's also has a long and successful history conducting private sales for its clients in all categories.
Christie’s has a global presence with 53 offices in 32 countries and 10 salerooms around the world including in London, New York, Paris, Geneva, Milan, Amsterdam, Dubai, Zürich, and Hong Kong. More recently, Christie’s has led in growth markets such as Russia, China, India and the Middle East, with successful sales, exhibitions and initiatives in Shanghai, Moscow, Baku, Beijing, Mumbai, Delhi, Jeddah, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai.