We are seeking passionate and ambitious software engineers for the role of Software Development Engineer in Test to expand our award-winning development team. Successful candidates will be responsible for qualifying innovative product within Harmonic’s comprehensive portfolio of video and media products and Cloud-based services (AWS, GCP, Azure. etc).
The positions involve automated test planning and development of next-generation flagship products, services and systems for Harmonic. Partnering and collaborating with R&D teams across R&D offices to qualify releases quickly throughout product development cycles.
Successful candidates for this position will be exposed to and learn about internet video, mobile live streaming and digital video content preparation and delivery to TVs, PC, iDevices and all other video-enabled devices within the context of cutting-edge technologies and techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan and develop automated test for cloud-based products in agile development approach
- Provide technical expertise on automated test design, optimization and strategy to improve product testability, maintainability and best practices of test development
- Watch over test execution on continuous integration pipeline in order to deliver new features and patches without sacrificing stability, quality, and velocity.
- Travel to other R&D sites in the US and Europe may be required.
Skills & Qualifications
Successful candidates may have the opportunity to:
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related disciplines from a top-tier university.
- Ambition to challenge the best engineers in the world
- Good analytical skills and communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience in the following will be a plus:
- CI/CD Automation
- Containerization/Orchestration experience (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Strong experience in managing Cloud service (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Mobile video systems (encoding and distribution of video in OTT systems)
We welcome applications from fresh graduates or experience Engineers.
- gain international working experience in our Canada R&D center
- learn & gain real-world experience in:
- Automated test development including test script, validator and test framework
- Development for CI/CD Automation
- User Interfaces: AngularJS GUI, RESTful interfaces etc.
- Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP, Rackspace
- Software Orchestration technologies: K8S, Mesos, Marathon etc.
- Media processing technologies: HEVC, H.264, MPEG2, MVC etc.
- Scalable, highly available mission-critical distributed systems
- Complete software development lifecycle, including AGILE practices and development tools
*** Join our innovative team now! Send us your CV and Academic Transcripts so we can identify the best suited opportunity ***
For more information about Harmonic, please visit: https://www.harmonicinc.com/
Harmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and for recruitment purpose only.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.