To be responsible for the company’s end to end sourcing of products and services essential for our operations. In addition, the individual will be responsible for all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives.
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved.
- Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.).
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
- Establish purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department.
- Develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon lead-time.
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategies.
- To define and monitor supplier portfolio development with Management.
- To partner with internal brand owners to define their requirements and align brands requirement in category sourcing for common buy.
- To sustain supplier competitiveness on pricing, quality and delivery.
- To develop and select potential and capable ODM & OEM partners/suppliers in Asia.
- To track KPIs for developing supplier scorecard reports.
- To work closely with product development team, engineering team, production team, quality assurance team, product marketing team, as well as management to define merchandising requirements.
- To be able to meet product development schedules and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 3+ year’s relevant operations/supply chain experience.
- ODM/OEM vendor experience in Mobile Accessories, Travel Accessories, Mobile Communication Products as well as Lifestyle products is necessary.
- Ability to manage OEM/ODM product developments and establish goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria).
- Solid sourcing or merchandising experience in electronics or computer accessories buying / sourcing offices, with solid experience in capacity planning, product development, costing, sourcing and placement.
- Having strong knowledge in quality, process analysis, action calendar planning and management of deadlines.
- Possess strong skills in negotiation externally with vendors, verbal and written communication, data consolidation and analysis, handling multi-tasks and problem solving.
- Willing to travel occasionally and work under pressure and overtime.
Job Location: Billion Center, Kowloon Bay or the Hong Kong Science Parks, Shatin
We offer competitive remuneration packages plus medical insurance, life insurance, performance bonus, travel allowance for senior positions and good career prospects to the right candidates. Please apply with full resume, stating current and expected salaries and date of availability by email to [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ] or send to HR Manager, Global Cyberworks Ltd., GPO BOX 10160, Central, Hong Kong.
(Data collected will be treated as strictly confidential and will be used for recruitment purpose only.)