The Security and Integrity Department (S&I) is responsible for the preservation of integrity by combatting criminality and corruption risks that can threaten horse racing, betting, and membership at the Club. The maintenance of a secure environment and integrity is key to our business. Not only is it important to ensure horse racing in Hong Kong is fair, it is also of paramount importance to the Club that there is governance and fair opportunities in all bet-placements. The Security and Integrity Department consists of Security, Integrity, and Financial Crime Risk (FCR) teams.
- Conduct due diligence and data analysis on customers and their associated betting transactions to assess whether the Club’s betting services are being used to manipulate the betting market and/or for other financial crime risk related purposes.
- Review Statistical Research Analyst’s investigation reports to ensure that the appropriate analysis has been conducted and the report has been written to the appropriate standard. Provide timely feedback to analysts for further development.
- Identify and assess whether customers with high betting turnover and/or from particular customer segments warrant further investigation.
- Support the Betting Analysis Team Support Manager in the review and continuous improvement of betting analysis processes and methodologies to identify, analyse, and accurately categorise customers. Examples include review of the methodology for categorising customers, criteria or thresholds for flagging customers, and enhancing efficiency or effectiveness of the investigative processes.
- Independently lead medium sized projects, supported by one or two analysts, which are designed to further help the Club to identify, understand, and mitigate FCR (especially betting market integrity) risk exposure. Examples include development of criminal typologies and understanding risk exposure posed by illegal betting operators using the Club’s services to facilitate their operations.
- Ensures compliance with Responsible Gambling Policy and all stipulated legal requirements, and thereby protecting the integrity of the Club’s businesses.
You should have:
- A university degree, preferably with additional legal related qualifications.
- AML related certification (e.g. CAMS, ICA International Diploma etc.) is preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a related field such as financial services data analysis, compliance, forensic, fraud, investigation, or AML specific experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Possesses understanding of AML concepts and able to apply them to the Club's business.
- English and Chinese typing is essential. Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint. Knowledge of SQL, i2 iBase and Analyst’s Notebook is an advantage.
- Strong data skills, including working with multiple data sets, pivots tables, advanced statistical functions and methods.
- Knowledge of betting business, bet types and products is essential for this role.
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.