School Counsellor (Part time post )
Island School is seeking to appoint a school counsellor from August 2018. The successful candidate will join an established and highly proactive student welfare team which takes pride in going the extra mile to support student wellbeing across the school community.
The school counsellor will support the wellbeing of students at Island School in a variety of ways, under the guidance and supervision of the School’s lead Counsellor. This will principally involve working with students, but will also involve contact with parents, teachers and other members of staff. Occasionally there may be a need to link the school to outside agencies.
• Working with the House Guidance team in supporting individual students
• Proactively liaising with the Lead Counsellor and the PSHE team over student issues
• Assessing the needs of individual students who have been referred and planning for a productive path forward. Courses of action will include where appropriate:
o working with these students on a regular basis, providing counselling and/or therapy
o liaising closely with the Lead Counsellor and the Child Protection Officer over students of concern
o referring on to counsellors, psychological services or for medical treatment outside the school (in discussion with the Lead Counsellor)
o meeting with and working with parents, as required
o supporting teachers, tutors and house staff in their day to day interactions with these students
o attending meetings regarding students, when needed
• Maintaining close links with outside agencies that can provide help and support for our students.
• Supporting occasional training or information sessions, for both staff and parents, on such issues as emotional health, presenting factors, and strategies for support.
• Have relevant qualifications
• Have significant experience of working with children of school age
• Have excellent interpersonal skills, whether working in a team or on a one-to one basis
• Be a confident communicator, able to present in front of large audiences
• Be caring and sensitive to students’ needs
• Be calm and able to take a firm, objective view over complex issues
• Be able to multi-task and enjoy working in a dynamic environment
Please apply in writing for either position, enclosing all relevant information, by the following link, https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 11 Jun 2018
For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ].
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Job ref no.||CT3116244-01#0016|
Island School Website: http://island.edu.hk
Island School Sha Tin Wai
Area 5A, Pok Hong Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Shatin Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2840 1673
Island School Tai Wai
Sun Chui Estate, Shatin, New Territories (Near Tai Wai MTR station)
School Number: (852) 2524 7135 | Fax: (852) 2167 6356
Secondary School with 1,200 students.