Department / Section : Student Development Office
Ref. no : O/THEi-SDO/SC_SDO/03/19
(a) To plan, design, organise and evaluate student developmental programmes;
(b) To provide career programmes and liaise with prospective employers to enhance students’ work readiness;
(c) To assist in matters related to student finance and other administrative work;
(d) To provide training and professional consultation to student organisations;
(e) To assist in the development and review of the quality assurance policies of the Student Development Office;
(f) To provide guidance and individual counselling services to students (for the post of Student Counsellor); and
(g) To serve in various boards / committees, work groups and institute-wide projects as required.
(a) A recognised degree in Social Science or a relevant discipline, and registered under the Social Workers Registration Ordinance Cap. 505 for the post of Student Counsellor;
(b) At least 3 years’ relevant experience, preferably in organising / administration of student services and youth work, and personal/career counselling in a degree-offering institution setup;
(c) Substantial experience in programme design, youth counselling, and in working with youth-at-risk and students with special education need;
(d) A high level of written and spoken language proficiency in both English and Chinese including Putonghua; and
(e) Good interpersonal, planning and problem solving skills, and be able to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment.
(1) Candidates may be appointed on temporary terms of employment.
(2) Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend and pass a written test in Chinese and English.
(3) The appointee may be required to perform duties at different sites and work irregular hours, shifts and on Saturdays and Sundays as necessary.
(4) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to email@example.com. Please specify on the envelope, or in the subject of the e-mail, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of followings:
(1) Please cite “Application for the Post of Student Counsellor/Student Development Officer in Student Development Office (Ref. No.: O/THEi-SDO/SC_SDO/03/19)" as the email subject;
(2) Completed application form (with file name as ‘VTC1-SDO-SC_SDO-applicant’s name’) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) (with file name as ‘CV-SDO-SC_SDO-applicant’s name’) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
Closing date for application: 29 March 2019
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||O/THEi-SDO/SC_SDO/03/19 (CT3119783-01#0178)|
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of the Vocational Training Council, is established for the advancement, promotion and development of education suited to the developing needs of Hong Kong. THEi provides quality self-financed programmes with a strong vocational orientation at degree and above levels and admitted its first cohort of students in September 2012. It comprises the Faculty of Design, the Faculty of Management & Hospitality, the Faculty of Science & Technology, and a Department of General Education.