The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) offers over 20 innovative degree programmes that are vocationally oriented and developed with significant industry input. All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, and most are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies. In 2018/19, twelve programmes are in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP), which provides subsidies to students varying from $41,000 to $71,700 per year. For more information about our Institute, please visit https://www.thei.edu.hk.
The appointee shall assist the Principal Student Development Officer in the planning, design, organisation, delivery, and evaluation of student development and career programmes; to provide training and professional consultation to student organisations; and to assist in the matters related to student finance and other administrative work.
The successful candidate should have a recognised degree in relevant disciplines; at least 3 years' relevant experience in programme design, youth counselling, and in working with youth-at-risk or with special educational needs, preferably with experience in personal / career counselling, organising / administration of student services and youth activities in a degree-offering institution setup; and a high level of proficiency in both English and Chinese, including Putonghua.
(1) The appointee may be appointed on temporary terms of appointment.
(2) Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend and pass a written test in Chinese and English.
(3) The appointee may be required to perform duties at different sites and work irregular hours, shifts and on Saturdays and Sundays.
(4) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify on the envelope, or in the subject of the e-mail, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of followings:
(1) Please cite “Application for the Post of Student Development Officer (Ref. No.: O/THEi-SDO/SDO/07/18)" as the email subject;
(2) Completed application form (with file name as ‘VTC1-SDO-SDO-applicant’s name’) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) (with file name as ‘CV-SDO-SDO-applicant’s name’) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
Closing date for application: 25 July 2018
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||O/THEi-SDO/SDO/07/18 (CT3116139-01#0077)|
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of the Vocational Training Council, is established for the advancement, promotion and development of education suited to the developing needs of Hong Kong. THEi provides quality self-financed programmes with a strong vocational orientation at degree and above levels and admitted its first cohort of students in September 2012. It comprises the Faculty of Design, the Faculty of Management & Hospitality, the Faculty of Science & Technology, and a Department of General Education.
Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong
Student Development Office