The System Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of the institute’s IT infrastructure including server and network, the development, enhancement and maintenance of the Institute’s web-based systems, and systems integrations work from time to time. The position holder will be a member of the IT help-desk support to both staff and members.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain the IT infrastructure to stabilize systems/network performance, secure systems availability, and minimize security risk
- Leading the planning, project management and execution of new infrastructure project
- Enhance and maintain the Institute’s websites, Intranet and backend integration work.
- Perform hardware/software installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance, as required.
- Provide help desk service to internal users on IT related enquiries.
- Provide help desk service to external users (members and students) on IT related enquiries.
- Provide Audio/Video system support for events and online meetings.
- Maintain close and good relationship with internal user, with excellent communication/ interpersonal skills and good business/commercial acumen.
- Propose/Introduce new idea/technology to enhance IT services.
- Manage and coordinate vendors for IT works Work closely with development team on integrating various IT systems. Execute system change procedures in accordance to the instructions provided by Development Team
- Maintain the IT fixed asset register
- Help on the administration on IT procurement
- Provide recommendation on improvement of IT services and work efficiency.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by Head of IT, Deputy Head of IT, Associate IT Director and IT manager.
Qualifications and R equired A ttributes
- Degree holder in Computer Science, Information System, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Hands-on experience over 5 years in Microsoft Windows servers, Microsoft Exchange, Linux administration, LAN/WAN administration and PA Firewall administration.
- Sound technical knowledge in the following areas: RedHat Linux, MySQL, VMware, SAN Storage, Microsoft Windows server, Dynamic CRM, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL server, LAN/WAN/Wireless and firewall, Shell Script and Power Shell, Cloud Platform
- Certification in MCITP or MCSE / CCNA an added advantage
- A fast learner with passion on latest technologies and applications
- Proactive with strong sense of responsibility and result-oriented
- A strong team player, self-motivated and hardworking, and at the same able to work independently
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, and Mandarin speaking is a plus
Applications should be marked " Confidential " quoting the reference [Ref. SE-IT/ J] with full details of education, work experience, present and expected salaries, contact telephone number and earliest date available. Please apply in writing to the Head of Human Resources, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 37/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong or by email via "Apply Now" on or before 24 May 2021 .
Personal data provided will be used for recruitment purpose only.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.