About the Job:
The Systems Reliability Engineering (SRE) role will be focused on Vendor Product Integration which requires sound engineering solutions that integrates new applications into the Firm and providing coverage for L3/L4 support escalations from partnering support teams.
Coverage is primarily focus on vital financial applications but also includes servicing the overall integration needs from all partner organizations. The engineer will be responsible for the operational needs of the systems managed by the teams. This is a demanding role requiring attention to detail, good organization skills, strong communication skills, and a self-motivated team player, with a proven history of project delivery and driving initiatives. The ability to collaborate and communicate with development teams and external vendors is essential. The engineer will be responsible for providing a global infrastructure strategy that can seamlessly support specific business technology requirements, while mitigating risks and maintaining service availability.
We would like to talk to you if you:
- Are interested in distributed systems and working with highly scalable and reliable services
- Like to work in a fast-moving environment and you aren't afraid to change things to make them better
- Enjoy new technological challenges and solving hard problems
- Believe that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team
- Aspire to grow as a person, as a teammate, and as an engineer
- Have grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- You will work closely with external vendors, engineering/development teams to advise and assist with integrating systems and upgrades.
- You will troubleshoot issues across the software stack: software, application & network.
- You will identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services.
- You will need to spend at least 30% of your time on production support.
- Participate in conference calls with other specialists from other time zones.
Who you are:
Successful candidates have often had some or all the following:
- Background in Computer Science equivalent to a B.Sc. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a technical discipline where infrastructure support and application integration were key components of the job.
- Good RedHat Linux Operating System knowledge.
- Technical and operational documentation (troubleshooting documentation, deployment documentation).
- Industry server hardware knowledge (HP, Dell, IBM).
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts.
- Basic understanding of SAN/NAS technologies.
- Basic understanding of Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or other relational database platforms (Oracle, DB2).
- Strong interpersonal skills - communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player, analytic skills.
- In-depth knowledge of various technical disciplines and ability to quickly understand technical issues.
- Automation-related experience is particularly valued using scripting languages such as python.
Interested parties please click Apply Now to apply job.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||3173644 (CT3126125-01#0896)|
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm helping governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world to achieve their financial goals. Morgan Stanley is committed to maintaining first-class service that has defined the firm. At its foundation are five core values (putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas, commit to diversity and inclusion, and giving back) that guides its 55,000+ employees in over 1,200 offices across 43 countries.
On a daily basis, we process hundreds of millions of transactions and we serve more than a trillion dollars of assets across every global market. If this scale resonates with you, come join us.
Click this link to experience life in Morgan Stanley: https://www.morganstanley.com/people/technology-professionals.