(a) To perform teaching duties in the areas of Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering / Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Engineering, including supervision of students’ projects / fieldwork;
(b) To assist in carrying out workshop training;
(c) To carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration;
(d) To assist in the maintenance and development of programme curriculum, teaching materials and facilities; and
(e) To participate in campus / centre projects and functions, including but not limited to enrollment, student competitions and exhibitions.
(a) A Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering or equivalent;
(b) At least one year’s relevant experience in either one of the areas mentioned in (a) of major duties;
(c) Good communication skills and proficiency in English and Chinese; and
(d) A good team player with the ability to work independently and under pressure.
(1) The appointment will be up to 31 August 2019. The appointee may be appointed as Instructor if he/she meets the necessary requirements and passes the relevant formalities during the appointment period.
(2) The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours and in designated places as assigned.
(3) The appointee is subject to posting to different campuses (Kwai Chung and Pokfulam) to suit the Council's operational needs.
(4) In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
(5) Applicants who have responded to the advertisement in the last 6 months need not re-apply.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. Please specify on the envelope the reference of the post being applied for.
Closing date for application: 19 May 2018
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed within 12 months.
|Job ref no.||C/PE(EL)/TECA/04/18-AP2 (CT3114139-01#0165)|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Pro-Act Training and Development Centre (Electrical)