• Assisting with the preparation and maintaining of learning material, equipment and resources (including preparation of administration and resources for external examinations)
• Assisting with the preparation and mounting of display work and preparation and administrative work for the Design events
• Technical support to staff and students where possible
• Assisting teachers in the classroom during lessons as required
• Ordering and purchasing materials and resources as required
• One-on-one supervision of students on hazardous machines or in potentially dangerous situations as directed by teachers
• Preparing equipment required by members of the faculty for use in lessons
• Maintaining a safe and stimulating environment for students in Design workshops and other learning environments
• Maintenance, check and repair of machinery
• Organising store and keep all areas tidy and safe
• Performs other reasonable duties as determined by the Head of Department
• Ensuring the Health and Safety documentation is up-to-date
• Handles any other general office and administration tasks as assigned
• Other duties as required
• 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in school
• Knowledge of workshop machinery and equipment, electrical work or carpentry, hand tools and basic procedures, health & safety and manufacturing techniques preferable
• Knowledge of, or an awareness/willingness to learn about, 2D and 3D graphics printing, sewing machines and sewing accessories
• Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication and organizational skill
• Excellent general practical and problem solving skills
• A friendly and confident manner in relation to staff and students are essential
• Ability to be flexible and to work independently
• Spoken and written English is a must
• A reputation for being punctual, reliable, flexible, resourceful, hardworking and dedicated to the responsibilities that this post involves
• Work well under pressure
• Able to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 18 Jun 2018
For enquiries, please contact Anney Chan at +852 35563511 or [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ].
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Job ref no.||CT3116244-01#0013|
Renaissance College opened for students in August 2006 and is providing an all-through education for 2,100 students aged 5 to 18 years. With advanced design and facilities, Renaissance College is testament to ESF’s continuing contribution to the future of quality education in Hong Kong, featuring first-class amenities such as a dedicated sports centre with sports hall and swimming pool, cafeteria, library and performance arts centre; and high-level infrastructure for Information and Communication Technology. We have a fully developed 1:1 Apple laptop programme for over 1100 students and further 500 school owned Apple laptops and desktops. We also have a growing iPad programme.