The technician is responsible for supporting the teaching and learning in Food & Technology classes within the school. This is a permanent full-time role active for 10.5 months each year with an anticipated start date in August 2018 (summer break will be unpaid leave).
• Assisting teaching staff in practical lessons to ensure students can use equipment
• Cleaning, checking and maintaining all the food utensils, equipment and machinery on a frequent basis to ensure it is working properly
• Ensuring everything is prepared for lessons and that student work areas are kept tidy and clean
• Checking prices and obtaining quotations of for all replacement equipment and kitchen supplies, ensuring adherence to WIS financial policy and procedures
• Responsible for ordering stock and keeping refrigerators, store room and equipment in order
• Checking deliveries and shopping as required
• Maintaining online expenditure accounts
• Correctly storing food and rotating stock
• Assisting in organising washing, drying and storage of linen and student aprons when necessary
• Assisting in overseeing the removal of waste materials from rooms
• Advising cleaning staff of necessary (cleaning related) tasks
• Cleaning of sinks, draining boards daily and topping up of washing-up supplies
• Bleach cleaning brushes and sponges weekly plus regular cleaning of cookers, cooker drawers, ovens, microwave ovens and bookshelves
• Wiping down of all “out of reach" surfaces regularly
• Ensuring thorough cleaning and spraying of rooms during non classroom times
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives such as photocopying , sorting invoices, keeping records, inventory checks, constructing equipment required as teaching aids and use in the classrooms etc.
Head of Food Technology
• 3 years relevant experience
• Baking and cooking knowledge
• Knowledge of weighing food and preparation
• Fluent English
• Cantonese would be an advantage
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• A friendly manner in relation to staff and students is essential. Ability to be flexible, prioritise workload, to work independently and use initiative
• Excellent PC skills especially with Excel, google documents
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 14 Jun 2018
For enquiries, please contact Margaret Lau at +852 2819 1962 or [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ].
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Job ref no.||CT3116244-01#0007|
West Island School Website: http://www.wis.edu.hk
West Island School is a member of the English Schools Foundation and was established in 1991. As an international secondary school offering iGCSE and IB programmes, we occupy award winning buildings in the Western district of Hong Kong. We serve a stable and established community in the Pokfulam district, with over 1200 students on roll. Our school mission of strength from diversity reflects the considerable achievements of our learners from over 40 different nationalities. Our students progress to the universities of their choice because they achieve highly, are well equipped and are leaders of the future.