Major Duties :
(a) To operate and maintain the PCs, servers and networking equipment;
(b) To install and manage software / OS for PCs and servers;
(c) To provide IT-related technical support for staff and/or students;
(d) To take charge of day-to-day system maintenance;
(e) To design and maintain the campus websites, and assist in developing web-based application;
(f) To compile system reports, update operation documents and guidelines;
(g) To assist in the procurement and inventory control of relevant stores, software licenses and consumables; and
(h) To assist in photo and video taking, production of VCD / DVD, graphic design and desktop publishing work, where necessary, in some operational units.
(a) (i) A recognized higher diploma in a relevant discipline, plus 1 year’s relevant work experience; OR
(ii) A recognized diploma or higher certificate in a relevant discipline, plus at least 2 years’ relevant work experience;
(b) Good knowledge of operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of computer hardware and networking;
(c) Experience in using Windows PC and Mac;
(d) Experience / knowledge / skills in some of the following areas will be an advantage:
(i) Administration of Windows, Linux Server and VM Enterprise Server;
(ii) Microsoft, Adobe and other common computer / educational software;
(iii) LAN / WAN technology and TCP/IP;
(v) Computer graphics design and video editing;
(e) Ability to work independently and be a good team player; and
(f) Good interpersonal and communication skills.
(1) Appointees may be required to perform shift duties or work in irregular working hours and at different work locations on a need basis.
(2) In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees who will be posted to Shine Skills Centres will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
(3) Applicants who have responded to the advertisement (ref. no. C/VOU/TECH(IT)/05/18-AP2) in the last two months need not re-apply as their applications are still under consideration.
Application Procedures :
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong or by email to email@example.com Please specify on the envelope or in the subject of the email, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of points (1) – (4) below:
(1) Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
(2) Attachment(s) to the application by email should be saved with names as
(a) VTC1-TECH-IT-“your surname and given name", e.g. “VTC1-TECH-IT-CHAN Tai Man.pdf"; and
(b) CV-TECH-IT-“your surname and given name", e.g. “CV-TECH-IT-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(3) For the email subject, please cite “Application for the Post of Technician (IT Services) (Ref. No.: C/VOU/TECH(IT)/07/18-AP2)".
(4) Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: 25 July 2018
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||C/VOU/TECH(IT)/07/18-AP2 (CT3116139-01#0081)|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Various Operational Units