Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tuen Mun)
Department / Section : Department of Engineering
Ref. no : C/TM-ENG/TECH/06/22-AP1
(a) To perform installation, preparation, operation and maintenance of equipment, instrument, laboratory kits, tools and facilities in laboratories, workshops, practical and any other teaching areas as required;
(b) To provide technical support and assist teaching staff in organising, supervising and guiding students to perform experiments / practical work / projects;
(c) To prepare and install software on PCs and computer-driven equipment and facilities;
(d) To assist in the procurement and control usage of equipment and materials, and inventory record keeping; and
(e) To maintain the safety and tidiness of the studios/laboratories/workshops and assist in laboratory development.
(a) A relevant recognised diploma or higher certificate in Engineering discipline or equivalent;
(b) At least 2 years’ relevant work experience;
(c) Practical knowledge and skills of setting up / demonstrating experiments for students, maintenance of laboratory equipment, workshops and computer hardware / software installation / maintenance;
(d) Good communication & interpersonal skills; and
(e) Good Chinese and English word processing skills.
(f) Candidates with experience in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering would be an advantage.
(1) Shortlisted candidate(s) may be required to attend and pass a trade test.
(2) Candidates should specify their experience in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering in section (VII) “OTHER INFORMATION" of the application form.
(3) The appointee may be required to perform duties at different sites and/or outside normal office hours.
Interested applicants should apply for the post via email. A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to email@example.com. Candidates should take note of the following:
(1) Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be combined into one file in PDF format with a file size below 10MB.
(2) The file should be saved with the applicant’s name as “your surname and given name", e.g. “CHAN Tai-man.pdf".
(3) For the email subject, please cite “Application for Technician (Ref. No.: C/TM-ENG/TECH/06/22-AP1)".
(4) Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: 15 August 2022
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||C/TM-ENG/TECH/06/22-AP1|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.