Hotel and Tourism Institute / Chinese Culinary Institute / International Culinary Institute
Ref. no : O/HTI/Term EA2/01/23
Major Duties of Executive Assistant II:
(a) To provide support in one or more of the following areas:
(i) general / programme administration;
(ii) student affairs and student admissions;
(iii) book-keeping, supplies and stores administration;
(iv) human resources administration;
(v) programme promotion or event organisation; and
(vi) minutes taking, filing, and data entry;
(b) To draft simple correspondence;
(c) To handle enquiries and provide counter services; and
(d) To supervise junior / minor staff.
Requirements for Executive Assistant II:
(a) (i) 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) at Grade E / Level 2 or above including English Language (Syllabus B)*, Chinese Language and Mathematics, or equivalent; OR
(ii) A combination of results in 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination at Level 2 or above in New Senior Secondary subjects / “Attained" or above in Applied Learning subjects / Grade E or above in Other Language subjects; and the 5 subjects should include English Language*, Chinese Language and Mathematics; OR
(iii) A recognised Certificate / Diploma / Foundation Diploma / Foundation Certificate, or Project Yi Jin.
* Completion of Hong Kong Vocational English Programme (HKVEP) at Level 2 / Passing 5 specific VTC’s Vocational English Module Certificates is considered an alternative qualification.
(b) Proficiency in the use of computer software application, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Chinese word processing and / or simple webpage design;
(c) Good command of Chinese and English, preferably with knowledge of Putonghua;
(d) Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
(e) Detail-minded, ability to work independently and be a good team player;
(f) Good work initiative and be customer oriented; and
(g) Preferably with relevant work experience.
(1) Applicants without the academic qualifications required but have completed Form 5 or equivalent may be considered for the post of Term Executive Assistant III.
(2) Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a Computer Skills Test (CST) including document formatting, English and Chinese typing, and use of spreadsheet.
(3) The work location is in Pokfulam or Kowloon Bay.
(4) The appointee(s) may be required to work irregular hours or outside normal office hours