Our client is looking for a Settlement Associate to join their business to fuel their growth for 6 - 12 months. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of working experience in settlement and/or clearing, with Hong Kong stock product exposure preferred.
Our client is one of the largest international bank in the world, with global presence in Asia, Europe, North American and Latin American regions. Its business covers a large variety of banking services, including but not limited to commercial banking, global banking, retail banking, wealth management services and global private banking.
- Validate settlement instructions and authorizing payments with high accuracy and vigilence
- Enforce dual control in Settlements area and put in place the appropriate level of segregation of duties in processing settlement capability within the authorized limits
- Ensure all trading activities need to adhere to and comply with the Securities Ordinance and SFC regulations
- Report and escalate irregularities to the manager and liaise with the compliance department accordingly
- University degree in a related discipline is preferred
- Experience of Settlement function and a good understanding of trade life cycle for Hong Kong stock products
- Strong self-motivation and attentiveness to details
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Good in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Working hours and days: Mon - Fri; 0900 - 1800
- Professional growth and solid training
- Potential contract renewal or temp-to-perm opportunity