Zurich Insurance (Hong Kong)
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With more than 55,000 employees, it provides a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. Zurich’s customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, including multinational corporations, in more than 170 countries. The Group is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1872. Further information about Zurich is available at www.zurich.com.
Underwriting Manager / Assistant Manager, Casualty (General Insurance)
Being part of the team, you will apply your professional knowledge and expertise to underwrite and analyze new and renewal business. If you are interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards your creativity, initiative and contributions, just simply click "Apply online"
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge and expertise in products and industry
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors in support of business retention and acquisition
- Work with customers and distributors to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions
- Contribute to the development of propositions
- Apply The Zurich Way of Underwriting elements for new business & renewals, completing assignments of high complexity and working within delegated authority. Measure exposure & analyse risk
- Determine technical price according to certified/agreed pricing process, quoting & setting coverage and negotiate terms & conditions
- Build relationships in support of customer/business acquisition and retention (e.g., by handling a range of queries, providing advice to assist with the development of an account)
- Proactively contribute ideas and work for the development of new or enhanced propositions based on technical, customer and distributor insights
- Implement agreed technical standards, controls, practices and procedures, thereby maintaining underwriting discipline
- Contribute to short term, defined scope projects
- Provides guidance to lower level associates and proactively supports development of self and others
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent with proven current knowledge of product and industry, as demonstrated in involvement in trade and industry
- At least 4 years or above relevant working experience in underwriting Property and Casualty lines
- Typically holds or is working towards relevant professional designation
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and skills reflective of a seasoned practitioner who has progressed within underwriting positions of increasing responsibility
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Underwriting Manager
Interested parties please simply click "Apply Now" to access our "Global Recruitment Management System" for submitting your application.
You are invited to visit our web site at : http://www.zurich.com.hk