Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders.
1. Assist BU and SU to comply with latest legal, regulatory and internal requirements on AML/CFT
- Provide prompt and constructive advices to relevant stakeholders of BU and SU on compliance with AML/CFT requirements, especially on transaction surveillance and suspicious transaction reporting (“STR”);
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory requirements and developments of AML/CFT framework and perform a gap analysis where necessary.Act as a key liaison point with BU and SU to address the issues arisen from updates and changes on legal and regulatory requirements, and facilitate implementation of necessary initiatives and changes internally;
- Understand fully the products and services provided by BU / SU and evaluate the potential impacts on the transaction monitoring-related systems and processes with appropriate actions taken; and
- Promptly respond the requests from Group FCSS.Identify, evaluate and escalate significant AML/CFT matters to senior management at Country and / or Group level.
2.Ensure all the investigations triggered by Unusual Activity Escalations (“UAEs”), system-generated alerts) are conducted and concluded in a proper and timely manner
- Manage the Transaction Surveillance Unit (“TSU”) – oversee the quality of investigations and ensure the investigations are performed in compliance with the Bank’s relevant procedures and regulatory requirements and guideline; and
- Ensure the investigations are managed within a required timeline and justifications for any delayed completion of investigations shall be documented properly; and
- Ensure all STRs are duly reviewed and accurately submitted to the Joint Financial Intelligence Unit (“JFIU”) as soon as practicable.Proactively follow up with JFIU or other law enforcement agencies on the feedbacks and the required action(s).
3. Ensure understanding of the updates on Group’s policies, procedures and guideline and provide supports on implementation of Group’s and / or Country’s transaction surveillance projects and initiatives
- Provide constructive feedbacks on any implementation or changes of Group FCSS’s policies, procedures and guideline, and ensure Country is fully complied with the requirements; and
- Ensure the parameters, thresholds and the relevant risk factors used in the transaction monitoring system (namely Actimize) are subjected to periodically review to ensure system effectiveness to detect unusual account activities.Also participate the Global Rules & Models Committee (“GRMC”) to ensure understanding of the changes and initiatives on the transaction monitoring-related systems, machine learning engines and the related investigative tools and assess the impacts to Country.
4. Enhance governance and control over the transaction surveillance related process and cultivate and foster AML/CFT awareness and culture in the organization
- Review the existing processes and design and implement appropriate governance and control framework to minimize the process / control failures;
- Keep up-to-date AML/CFT typologies and red flags and make effective communications with BU / SU so that they are aware of any emerging techniques and trends in ML/TF which are needed by them in carrying out their particular roles; and
- Ensure the analysts are adequately trained to carry out their investigations properly.
4. Handle and respond enquiries and requests from regulatory authorities, and internal audit properly and ensure swift escalation of significant risk issues to senior management
- Handle and respond properly the enquiries made by regulators, law enforcers and internal audits; and
- Timely reporting and escalation of significant risk issues arising from transaction surveillance and assurance processes to senior management.
- Degree holder
- Preferably 8 – 10 years relevant compliance and / or AML/CFT experience acquired from international bank(s), of which at least 5 years on supervisory role.
- With qualification of Associate AML Professional (“AAMLP”) or Certified AML Professional (“CAMLP”) preferrable
- Strong understanding on consumer, corporate and private banking products, services and transactions.
- Strong compliance and risk control concept.
- With background on system/project managements, software and IT program skills would be a strong advantage
- Ability to cope with highly demanding and fast paced banking environment.
- Competency to work in a matrix international organization.
- Demonstrate sound commercial experience and judgment.
- Superior inter-personal, leadership, communication, and negotiation skills, and with the ability to network, successfully ‘engage’ and influence business.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.