Reporting directly to the Chief Executive of Ocean Park, the Water Park Executive Director is responsible for setting up the operation of the new Water Park and preparation of its opening. After opening, he/she will operate the Water Park as an efficient, clean, safe, fun, friendly and service oriented facility. As Head of the Water Park organization, the Executive Director is expected to have P/L responsibility, and to manage an organization in some or all of the following disciplines – aquatic operation, entertainment, ticketing, guest service, security, cleaning, maintenance, food, retail, etc.
Main duties of the job will include the development and establishment of all lifeguards and other Water Park operating teams. The Executive Director will develop and implement the opening & closure policies, lifeguard certification process, water & pool quality assurances, rides & slides operating procedures, aquatic safety plans, emergency/crisis management plans, recreation/entertainment programs, and access and transportation arrangement of the Water Park.
• Tertiary education, preferably a college or university degree holder.
• At least 15 years of relevant work experience, five of which should be at senior management level.
• Must have operational experience in managing a waterpark or other large-size public leisure facility anywhere in the world.
• Preferred lifeguard certification and/or water safety certification applicable to swimming pools or beaches in any jurisdiction.
• Preferred first aid or auxiliary medical certification.
• Preferred knowledge and experience in point of sale systems, pool filtration and water chemistry, admission and locker systems, etc.
• Sound business acumen. Ability to control costs, generate revenue, and produce business results.
• Proven ability in the management of sizeable organization in areas of work planning, personnel management, staff deployment/scheduling, resources utilization, budgeting and costs control.
• Strong computer skills. Ability to use commercial software and MS Office including Excel.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Fluency in both English and Chinese (Cantonese) will be an advantage.
• Physically fit. Able to work indoor, outdoor, and in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, especially during peak operating season.
Interested applicants can apply by letter together with full curriculum vitae giving details of qualifications, working experience, present and expected salary, address and contact telephone/email, and sent to the Human Resources Division, Ocean Park, Aberdeen, Hong Kong, or via email at [our mailbox through CTgoodjobs Apply Now ] (please quote Job Ref: ED/1804/02 on envelope/email). The closing date for application is 31 May 2018. Applicants not contacted within 10 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal information collected in this recruitment will be used for consideration of employment with Ocean Park only.
|Job ref no.||CT3113776-01#0099|
Ocean Park Corporation
Opened in January 1977, Ocean Park is Hong Kong’s premier educational theme park. The current park covers more than 915,000 square meters of land and features a diverse selection of world-class animal attractions, thrill rides and shows divided between different themed zones. Operated by the Ocean Park Corporation, a statutory board, it runs on prudent financial principles. It aims to provide elements of entertainment, education and conservation at an affordable price to the local citizens and overseas tourists of Hong Kong.
A major capital project of Ocean Park is the development of Hong Kong’s first year-round, all-weather Water Park, targeted for completion in 2019. The HK$3.2 billion facility will boast 15 indoor and outdoor attractions, featuring free-fall speed slide, lazy river, surf rider, mat racer, funnel slide, wave pool, cabana, and a variety of dining and retail outlets. It is an integral part of Ocean Park’s ongoing transformation into an international resort destination offering multiple parks and hotel accommodation.
Ocean Park now invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the position below.